Users with three or more hosts are able to increase and decrease the number of staging and production hosts.
- Users with three or more hosts are able to increase and decrease the number of production and staging hosts.
- If you already have a Cluster or Custom plan with more than 3 hosts, adding more hosts is simple. This change will not entail a maintenance window for your instance.*
- If you are on a Cluster or Custom plan with three hosts and need to decrease the number of hosts to one, this is possible. This update will entail a maintenance window and DNS changes.*
- If you are on a Starter plan and want to increase the number of hosts, you can! This update will require a maintenance window and DNS changes.*
- If you are on a Starter plan and want to decrease the number of production hosts, well, we can’t help you there since you are already on the starter plan!*
Yes. Send us a support request and we can begin the process.
- The starter plan is ideal for small development shop and individual developers with smaller applications that don’t have high variable traffic times. This plan gives you one production host and one staging host for all of your projects
- The cluster plan is ideal for medium-sized development shops and companies that have high-variable traffic times and decently large computing needs. This plan gives you three, load-balanced hosts that can easily adapt to variable traffic.
- The custom plan allows you to tailor the number of staging and production hosts and CI/CD runners. This plan is ideal for large development shops and companies that have unique needs based on high traffic volume and computational needs.